Iowa FIP Customer Service Phone Number

The Family Investment Program (FIP) provides temporary cash assistance to families with children.  The goal of FIP is to help you leave poverty and become self-supporting. FIP is available to one-parent and two-parent families and to relatives caring for children whose parents are not in the home.  FIP payments are based on the size of your family and your family’s income. For all the necessary information and assistance from respective authorities of Iowa Family Investment Program, kindly refer to given phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses.
  • Iowa Family Investment Program (FIP) Customer Service Number: 1-800- 972-2017
  • Iowa FIP TTY: 1-800-735-2942.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

  • Families across Iowa looking for tentative assistance may refer to given phone numbers and other relevant contact information in order to be able to avail assistance in an expedited manner.
  • Address: Department of Human Services - Financial, Health and Work Supports Hoover State Office Building, 5th Floor Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0114
  • Fax: (515) 281-6248
  • If you have any questions please email
  • FIP Appeals Process: Iowa Legal Aid at 1-800-532-1275. | Polk County: (515) 243-1193.
  • Department of Human Services Appeals Section: Phone: 515-281-3094 | FAX: 515-564-4044 | Email:
  • Department of Human Services Appeals Section (For Exceptions): Phone: 515-242-6302 | FAX: 515-564-4118 | Email:

Eligibility Criteria for FIP

In order to be able to avail benefits of the Family Investment Program under Department of Human Services, citizens must qualify the given set of criteria.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or legal qualified alien.
  • Live in Iowa.
  • Provide a social security number or proof of application for a number.
  • Meet income and resource limits (these vary from program to program).
  • Provide all information needed to determine eligibility and benefit level.
  • Exceptions:  The Family Investment Program requires that you have a minor child (under age 18 or 19 and still in high school) in the home.